On Saturday, June 15, 2013, Face2Face Africa will be hosting the second annual F.A.C.E. List Awards ceremony. The F.A.C.E. List Awards honor pan-African achievements in six categories: Leadership, Trendsetter (which involves the development of popular culture), Service, Fashion, Media, and Entertainment. Recipients do not need to live in Africa or be African themselves, but must work to advance Africa’s position in the global community.
This year’s recipients are as follows:
- Dr. Carlos Lopes, the Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), in the Leadership category
- Peace Anyiam-Osigwe, a proponent of African film, in the Trendsetter category
- George Ntim, Director of VIP Guest Relations and Community Services at the Marriot Marquis Hotel in NYC and founder of the African Development Foundation (ADF), in the Service category
- Korto Momolu, one of Africa’s leading fashion designers, in the Fashion category
- Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, founder, president, and publisher of The Network Journal Communication Inc., in the Media category
- Jackie Appiah, one of Africa’s most famous actresses, in the Entertainment category
The event is a red carpet black-tie benefit and will feature performances in music and other arts. The ceremony will take place in New York City as the Times Center starting at 7:00 PM on Saturday. Interested individuals must pre-register online for tickets here. Part of the proceeds from the benefit will go to the Rising HOPE Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children in Africa.
Face2Face Africa is a media site that aims to be the voice of Africa, representing the continent and its peoples positively on the global level.
To read more, and to purchase tickets, click HERE.